The Shark vacuum cleaner is an indispensable household appliance that allows you to maintain an apartment in exemplary order. A huge number of models are presented on the market today, each of which has its own advantages and disadvantages. Our rating presents the most popular products according to customers.
HOW TO CHOOSE A GOOD SHARK VACUUM CLEANER FOR HOME?
First of all, you need to determine the tasks that you set before such a household assistant. There is no need to overpay for an advanced filtration system and high power if you need a small device to simply tidy up your apartment. Another thing is if you have a large family, there are pets, and you often cook. In this case, you need a powerful unit. In order to avoid mistakes, we will consider the key characteristics and optimal parameters, taking into account the needs of different customers:
Suction power – for manual models optimally up to 100 watts, for vertical ones up to 250 watts, for full cleaning up to 500 watts. Manual models are suitable for cleaning furniture, car interiors, but no more. Battery-powered counterparts are suitable for local cleaning, but they can cope with carpets and large rooms.
Nozzles – no doubt, the main accessory is a turbo brush, the quality and effectiveness of cleaning carpets and other types of surfaces depends on its quality. In addition, a crevice nozzle (for furniture), a brush nozzle (for dust), a nozzle for cleaning parquet (wide with a soft pile), for wet cleaning (triangular) and others can be useful.
The presence of a fine filter is considered the basic minimum, but given the current environmental situation, users are increasingly focusing on units with a good filtration system. For obvious reasons, it’s worth talking about which filter classes are found on the market.
It is customary to assign a specific class to a filter based on what particle size it works with: from 0.1 to 0.3 microns. At the same time, it is worth paying attention to the amount of pollution by the type of MPPS. If HEPA-10 catches in the region of 85%, then HEPA-14 up to 99.99%. Obviously, the price of the last elements is much higher.
As additional filters, foam filters can be used, of which a special plus is not visible against the background of premium HEPA.
What really deserves attention is the electrostatic filter, which can upset the filter and attract it to its plates, as well as a carbon filter designed to remove unpleasant odors.
Types of nozzles
The selection of accessories often has to devote extra time. This is not surprising, because 10-15% of the total cost of such equipment, as a rule, depends on the configuration. At the same time, on sale you can find many vacuum cleaners with a huge number of nozzles such as:
- Combined – a basic accessory used for carpets and floors. Included with any household vacuum cleaner. At the same time, it can be equipped with a retractable brush for more efficiently cleaning laminate, linoleum;
- Slotted – nozzle for cleaning in hard-to-reach places, where a classic combination accessory or a turbo brush cannot get;
- Dust – a useful accessory for collecting dust from different types of surfaces and furniture;
- Parquet – for cleaning parquet in a more delicate mode;
- For furniture – a special accessory with soft brushes designed to serve interior objects;
- The main turbo brush – has a special roller that rotates under the influence of intake air flows. This is the most effective nozzle for cleaning wool, pile and hair;
- Mini turbo brush – a compact version of the above nozzles for small areas, including upholstered furniture;
- Steam nozzle – used for cleaning using hot steam streams. Naturally suitable for the corresponding vacuum cleaner segment;
- Siphon nozzle – suitable for cleaning siphons of sewer pipes. As a rule, sinks.
Often, buyers pay so much attention to nozzles, power and functions that they forget about important details, including the noise level, cable compartment and more. Let’s focus on aspects that may affect the usability of your equipment:
- noise level – from 40 to 90 dB is considered the standard. Naturally, under the conditions of operation of such equipment in an apartment, it is rational to focus on models up to 60 dB;
- type of pipe – the vast majority of vacuum cleaners have a telescopic guide, and only a number of premium units can boast a composite pipe, which consists of several collapsible parts;
- display – the presence of its own screen in the design helps to obtain auxiliary information, which is convenient. However, such models are more expensive, and fail more quickly due to the more extensive number of elements;
- battery voltage – when it comes to battery vacuum cleaners, you can’t focus only on capacity, but you need to pay attention to the power of the power plant. From this, including depends on the operating time;
- charging time – often a large battery also provides significant time spent on charging the battery. Optimally up to 3 hours;
- cable winding is a useful compartment that guarantees additional comfort in use.
The Best Shark Vacuums Consumer Reports 2020
Most reviews indicate that consumers love this shark vacuum because it is powerful, portable, and lightweight. It also includes a Brush roll Shutoff button so you can easily switch between carpet and bare floor cleaning, and fine particles off your bare floors.Its lift-away press technology also appeals to many as it enables the vacuum to lift the canister away hence quickly cleaning hard-to-reach areas. It is necessary that under regular use, you should consider washing the pre-motor foam and felt filters every three months. The HEPA filter, in combination with the anti-allergen complete seal technology, traps 99% of allergens and dust in the vacuum.
2. Shark Rotator Professional Upright Corded Bagless Vacuum for Carpet and Hard Floor with Lift-Away Hand Vacuum and Anti-Allergy Seal (NV501)
This is a premium pet power brush which picks up pet hair and debris and eliminates dander from all reachable surfaces. Powerful upright vacuum with Lift Away pod for convenient cleaning of stairs and above floor areas. It features anti-allergen complete seal technology which eliminates up to 99% of allergens and dust inside the vacuum. It is also loved for its advanced swivel steering with LED headlights that easily maneuvers around furniture for excellent cleaning.
This vacuum is also equipped with Swivel Steering for excellent control when maneuvering around furniture, and has a completely sealed system with a HEPA filter to trap dust and allergens. This can only mean that the quality, efficiency, and durability of this appliance are out of the question. Many are in love with it because of its life-away press button which enables it to lift the canister away and effortlessly clean hard-to-reach areas. It is also liked for being powerful and of lightweight. This cleaning tool is portable and versatile.
It comes with a pet power brush, 5.5-inch crevice tool, and a dusting brush for effective cleaning. Lift away press a button to lift the canister away and easily clean hard to reach areas. Its large-capacity, easy-to-empty dust cup offers extended cleaning without interruption. It is also liked for its anti-allergen complete seal technology that encourages the trapping of 99% of dust and allergens in the vacuum. It excellently maneuvers its way through the hard-to-reach area to leave the leaving space sparkling clean.
5. Shark Rocket Ultra-Light Corded Bagless Vacuum for Carpet and Hard Floor Cleaning with Swivel Steering and Car Detail Set (HV302)
You will love this shark vacuum for its swivel steering technology that gives excellent control for maneuvering around furniture. Its dual storage options enable the fixing of the hard vacuum to the bottom of the wand or secure it to the wall mount. This product is also liked for the fingertip controls that enable it to switch from carpet to hard floor easily.
6. Shark Rotator Powered Lift-Away TruePet (NV752) Upright Vacuum, Mini-Motorized Brush, Bordeaux
Shark’s original full sized 2 in 1 Powered Lift Away upright vacuum with detachable canister for portable cleaning. The powered life-away technology manifested in this tool allows the user to lift the canister away and deep-clean hard-to-reach areas with a touch of a button. It features fingertip technology which controls the on and off power and quickly switches between carpet and hard floor modes. Its anti-allergen complete seal technology is capable of trapping close to 99% of allergens and dust inside the vacuum.
It is convenient for use in rough and smooth surfaces. Dust cup capacity – 2.6 quarts. If you are looking for a shark vacuum which never loses its powerful suction cleaning from the beginning to the end, it is Shark navigators Deluxe Upright vacuum. Its large-capacity, easy-to-empty dust cup gives an extended cleanup without interruptions. To crown it all, the manufacturer designed this shark vacuum in such a manner that it is powerful, portable, and highly versatile.
8. Shark Rocket DuoClean HV382 Ultra-Light Corded Bagless Carpet and Hard Floor with Lift-Away Hand Vacuum, Charcoal
This shark vacuum features DuoClean technology which has bristle brush for deep cleaning carpets. It also has additional soft brushroll for pulling in large particles and directly engaging the floors for a polished look. Its brushroll garage enables easy access to the brush roll. The LED lights on the hand vacuum and floor nozzle help in spotting the hidden debris throughout the living space. Additionally, a complete pack of the shark vacuum comes with pet multi-tool, wall mount storage hook, crevice tool, and a video for installation and use.
9. SharkNinja Canister Upright Vacuum, Gold/Silver – NV70
This shark vacuum is indeed powerful, portable, and versatile. Anti allergen complete seal technology a hepa filter. Traps 99.9 percent of dust and allergens inside the vacuum. It also belongs to the lightweight variations as it only weighs 15.2 pounds. Its swivel steering technology ensures excellent control for maneuvering around furniture. Most consumers argue it is a perfect deal for deep carpet and gentle bare floor cleaning. Its power cord is 30 feet long to enable it to clean a wide area.