Today, the market has seen many good models of pressure washers from various manufacturers. At the same time, a high competition will contribute to an increase in the quality of the devices, even for their low cost. You can find out more about where to use this useful device, how to choose a high-pressure sink, and what models you can buy.
Why do you need a high-pressure washer?
High pressure washer – this is not only an alternative to a portable wash, but also a great appliance for cleaning of a large area, for a long period of time, for winter A high-pressure washer, as a rule, is powered by water from the water line, forms a strong water stream, which is shortened by a longer drain. Inside the spray gun there is a sprayer, so that when there was a finely dispersed and not damaged object, washable with water.
What can be washed with a high pressure washer? We list the possible objects:
- a car;
- motorbike, bicycles and other vehicles;
- furniture and a wardrobe in the garden;
- front of the house or cottage;
- garden path;
- containers, barrels, other large capacities.
The types of pressure washers are determined by the place of application and power:
Household: small, cheaper, have a lower power, start from 220 B. The operating time of a household washer is up to 1.5 hours per day, and their power is from 1.5 kW to 3 kW.
Professional: heavy and oversized, they are expensive, have a high power (from 3 KW to 9 KW) and long work periods, often run from 380 V and are used in professional car washes or in production.
Our material has been directed more at a washer of high pressure, which can be used in everyday life, – at home, in a garage.
Traditionally, high-pressure washers can also be divided into classes, depending on the type of construction, pressure and water flow:
- initial class (pressure up to 120 bar);
- middle class (pressure up to 145 bar, water output up to 500 l / h);
- highest class (pressure up to 160 bar, water output up to 600 l / h).
Higher-class sinks are more expensive.
The pros and cons of a high-pressure washer
– saving time for trips to the car wash;
– functionality, a wide range of features.
– large weight and large size;
– do not like hot water (over 40-60 degrees);
– the need for replacing hoses (with time);
– the need to store the device somewhere in the winter so that the materials are not damaged by the temperature difference.
Useful tips for choosing a high-pressure washer
Begin your selection of washers with an assessment of the most important parameters of the device. The trademark, today already refers to secondary parameters.
1. Start a sink selection by evaluating the most important settings for the device. The top mark, for today’s day, is already related to secondary parameters.
2.The operating parameter is the pressure of the water in the pressure washer. The choice of this indicator depends on what you plan to wash:
- If a car, a pool, – you need a wash with a pressure of 160 bars;
- If the facade of the house, walkways, gazebos, – 145 bars will be enough;
- low pressure from 70 to 110 bar for carpets, bicycles.
It is better to prefer a washer with a pressure regulator.
3.About the use of water by washing it with a high pressure, you should be able to keep it for a long time, so it is worth contacting the professional. The consultants usually advise you to run on an output of water of 500 l / h with a spacer of 50-60 hours – this is the answer to the sinks of the middle class. In a normal household sink with an output of water 350-400 l / h, as a rule, the resource is not large, but adequate for simple needs.
4.The mini car wash service is usually counted as the number of cars per day. For household use this indicator is not the most important;
5.Multi-filter – this is an essential part of a high-pressure cleaner. It is not necessary to pay for replaceable filters, it is better to buy a unit with a large multi-filter.
6.When choosing your sink, it is preferable to have a collapsible pump. In the event of a breakdown that may occur, it is easier to repair such a wash without changing the pump.
7.Pay attention to the pump:
- plastic pump often does not withstand winter temperatures; the pump from the composite is more qualitative than the plastic, but fragile;
- pump from Silumin – the best option, from inferior;
- Pump from brass or aluminum – the most expensive, but also long-lived.
8.Engine – another important component of the unit:
- electric engine: it can be powered by a battery or mains, it is non-noisey, it has no noise;
- gasoline / diesel engine: requires maintenance, makes noise, releases exhaust gases.
For household use, we recommend a motorized car wash that is equipped with a surge protector.
9.The water intake can come from the tank, either directly from the water supply. Considering this option, proceed from its own conditions. If you have to use a barrel with water for example, it is important to select the device that is suitable for this. Most models connect to water from the water supply.
10.The presence of a blowing agent / foam generator at the sink will give you a high pressure if you prefer to use washing detergents. As a rule, the foaming agent can be purchased separately.
11.The function “total stop” – the inherent protection from overload. Pay attention to it when choosing a washer.
12.The temperature of the water for the high pressure washer is of great importance. When choosing a sink, pay attention to the maximum temperature allowed. For most models, it does not exceed 60 degrees. On the other hand, there are sinks that adequately warm up cold water, but they also have a temperature limit.
13.When buying a washer, take into account that the maximum power must be supplied around 3,5 kW, when connected to a 220 W network.
14.The length of the hose, unconditionally, plays a larger field for the convenience of work.
16 When choosing a high-pressure washer, pay attention to the nozzle assembly, based on your needs:
- narrow nozzle for cleaning tubes;
- nozzle with a rotating jet;
- washable brush;
- rotating brush;
- veep nozzle (for washing a car or house front);
- a back nozzle or a milling cutter (for a strong mud);
- pinpoint nozzle (for washing dirt out of crevices);
- sandblasting nozzle (water with sand).
All of the above characteristics will affect your financial expenses, the comfort of using a high-pressure washer and the duration of its operation.
It is recommended that you select a reliable and long-lasting unit at once, so that you do not have to spend any money on them for the next few years.
The market offers a huge assortment of washing machines from various manufacturers. In order not to get confused when choosing the most suitable model, we suggest that you familiarize yourself with the rating, which presents the best high-pressure washers among household and professional equipment.
Top 5 Best Pressure Washers
1. AR Blue Clean 1900 PSI Electric Pressure Washer with Spray Gun
This powerful electric pressure washing machine quickly eliminates dirt, mildew, mold, grease, and grime in order to provide your home, your automobiles, motorcycles, bikes, boats, outdoor furniture, toys, and more with a fresh and clean look. It is perfect for cleaning your siding, wood deck, and concrete patio with ease. The AR Blue Clean 1900-PSI Electric Pressure Washer with Spray Gun is designed with a 1.5 horsepower motor that delivers up to 1,900 pounds per square inch of pressurized water spray. The machine certainly packs a punch, yet is lightweight enough to easily maneuver. The company has been in business for well over fifty years so you can completely trust the fact that they manufacturer high quality products.
2. SIMPSON Cleaning MSH3125-S 3100 PSI at 2.5 GPM Gas Pressure Washer
It is a high quality machine that is designed with high-quality materials in order to get the job done correctly the first time, and every time. Why spend hundred of dollars having your home siding power washed when you can effectively do it yourself with this powerful machine. It is powered by a super strong Honda gas engine in order to provide you with high strength power washing applications. It is amazing at cleaning siding, patios, decks, porches, and even your outdoor furniture after it has been sitting for long winter months. Get rid of all the grime, grease, mildew, mold, and dirt with this powerful power washer from Simpson Cleaning. This machine will certainly stand the test of time.
All pressure washers are divided into domestic and professional models. The difference between them is the time of continuous operation, the power of the power unit, the performance of the pump, the functionality, and, as a consequence, the cost.
3. GreenWorks GPW1501 1,500 PSI 1.2 GPM 13AMP
Hand Carry Electric Pressure Washer It incorporates a design that is based around being compact, lightweight, and extremely portable. The thirteen-amp electric motor is actually water resistant. This feature will certainly help the machine last longer since it’s main job is to spray water. For such a lightweight device it actually delivers an incredible water flow of 1.1 gallons per minute making it the perfect machine to perform light to mid weight power washing jobs such as cleaning decks, cars, small boats, windows, and outdoor toys just to name a few. This device also includes quick connecting nozzles at both twenty-five and forty degree intervals in order to tackle those hard to reach jobs.
4. Karcher K3 Follow-Me 1800 PSI 1.3 GPM
Keep everything you need to properly power wash within reach with the new Karcher K3 Follow-Me 1800 PSI 1.3 GPM Electric Power Pressure Washer with 4-Wheels. Electric Power Pressure Washer with 4-WheelsIt is the perfect device for people that would like to use a power washer, but cannot life heavy equipment. The front mounted coasters, and large rear wheels allow you to basically pull this power-washing device instead of having to constantly life and move it. It is great for cleaning your house, your cars, boats, bikes, outdoor furniture, and pretty much anything that is located outside and needs a good cleaning. The beauty also is designed with the famous Karcher quick connect system that makes is super easy to connect all of the various hose connections that are available for this innovative product.
5. Generac 6602 OneWash Gas Powered Pressure Washer
The Generac 6602 OneWash Gas Powered Pressure Washer is designed with superior water pressure technology in order to provide you with a machine that is truly amazing. This machine is the perfect device for all of your outdoor cleaning needs including your house, cars, boats, and furniture. It is even powerful enough to remove paint prior to exterior painting jobs. The powerful gas powered engine delivers up to 3,100 pound per square inch of streaming water pressure. It even includes a power dial that sets the proper PSI for particular jobs. In essence with this machine you can simply turn the dial and know that you will be using the exact right amount of water pressure for particular outdoor cleaning tasks.
What high pressure washer to buy
When choosing a high pressure washer, it is customary to pay attention to the technical and operational characteristics indicated in the accompanying documentation for the device. A lot of extra information provided by the manufacturer can confuse not only a novice, but also an experienced user of such devices. Therefore, limit yourself to only the most important selection options.
The pump is the most wearing part of the mini washer
The reliability of the entire device most often depends on its reliability. Pumps are made from the following materials:
- Plastic, characterized by low resistance to mechanical stress and temperature changes, becomes brittle over time. Plastic pumps are installed in budget models, and their resource, as a rule, rarely exceeds 100 hours.
- Composite is resistant to abrasion, but very fragile, which also defines models with a composite pump in the budget price category.
- Silumin is cheap, lightweight and strong enough, but does not tolerate sudden changes in pressure. Silumin pumps are found in the medium-price category.
- Aluminum – has a low weight, is durable and corrosion resistant.
- Brass is characterized by reliability, corrosion resistance, long life, high cost. Subject to the manufacturer’s recommendations, brass pumps can withstand more than 5 years with regular use.
In addition to the material of the pump, it is necessary to pay attention to the piston group. The most wear-resistant pistons are made of steel with a metal-ceramic coating.
In our rating, 5 models of high pressure washers are examined in detail. Each model deserves attention, given the advantages over competitors. Also, in our article, recommendations are given for choosing a high pressure washer, taking into account all the most important characteristics. We hope that our material will help you make the right choice.