An important role is played by places for storing outerwear, things, accessories and shoes. A properly selected free standing shoe rack will not only facilitate storage, but also help to avoid clutter. Shoes will not be lost, will not dust and interfere. To store your boots, slippers and shoes created various shelves, sections and stands for storage.
The shelf must be comfortable, durable, reliable, not fall out of the general style of the interior. A place for storing shoes is chosen by style, color, type of structural solution, functionality. Entrance doors are often installed lightweight open structures. On open wet shoes dries better. Lightweight shoe racks are easier to rearrange during cleaning.
For the manufacture of shoe rack, manufacturers use several types of materials:
- The tree is a beautiful, but not very practical material: it is afraid of moisture and dirt, quickly loses its appearance from them;
- Particleboard and MDF is used for cabinet furniture. The plate of the finely dispersed fraction is lighter and more practical, it is often used for shoe shelves;
- The plastic is lightweight, easy to clean, but easily scratched, appearance is lost. It does not tolerate heavy loads: you can’t sit on a plastic shelf;
- Metal is used in the manufacture of open structures, mesh elements, support posts. This is the most versatile material. The wrought-iron shoe shelf in the hallway looks gorgeous; it is not only functional, but also serves as a decorative ornament;
- Glass shelves are not uncommon in modern interiors. Despite their massiveness, they add airiness to the hallway space. Often require care, quickly get dirty. But durable and original;
- Wicker shelves are appropriate in the hallway, decorated in the style of country or Provence. Light willow is usually suspended, used to store slippers;
- Textile. Soft hanging shelves for shoes are gaining more and more popularity. They are very convenient and practical. In the hallway, fabric shelves are mounted in narrow piers on rotating hooks, they are convenient for built-in wardrobes.
The most popular are light shades from milky white to pale beige. They allow you to visually expand the hallway space, make it lighter, more advantageous. The second place is occupied by the colors of wood, these are standard shades of cabinet furniture. They are selected to match the color of the walls and interior. Metal structures are:
For a country style, wood paints are chosen, for provence – pastel, modern, high-tech provides a contrast of white and black.
How to choose
When buying, they are guided by the following parameters:
- Hallway area;
- The height of the walls;
- The shape of the entrance area (are there corners, niches, protective boxes for risers);
- Number of residents;
- How many shoes are put into storage and are in operational use;
- In what conditions will the shoe rack be, how often will wet cleaning be required.
The shelf for the entrance zone is selected from durable durable materials that are not afraid of moisture, resistant to pollution. It should fit into the interior of the hallway and be in the same style with the apartment.
The Best Free Standing Shoe Racks Consumer Reports 2020.
1. Seville Classics 3-Tier Resin Slat Utility Shoe Rack
This shelf can be stacked with other compatible shelves for extra storage space. Frame is constructed of iron and finished in espresso with resin wood-grain slats. It can store up to 9 pairs of shoes and has open storage on the top for taller shoes and boots. This shoe rack from Seville Classics is made of durable materials and each shelf can hold up to 30 pounds.
2. SONGMICS 10 Tiers Shoe Rack
This shoe rack from SONGMICS has an easy snap together assembly. The shelves are waterproof and easy to clean. The unit is lightweight and easy to move around but is still durable. This unit can hold up to 50 pairs of shoes and has an open rack on the top for holding boots. It is constructed out of metal pipes, non-woven fabrics tiers and plastic connectors, so it can hold numerous pairs of shoes. The SONGMICS 10 Tier Shoe Rack is the perfect option for those with a large space for storing their shoes.
3. Shoe Rack with 2 Shelves-Two Tiers
This 2-tier shoe rack has a space saving design and is easy to assemble. It has a modern look and is lightweight enough to move around easily. An excellent storage shelf for shoes, bags, plants, toiletries, baskets, etc.The unit has 2 tiers and can store around 12 pairs of shoes total. This shoe rack from Home-Complete is ideal for small spaces where storage is limited. It includes a 10 year manufacturer’s warranty.
4. Seville Classics 3-Tier Iron Mesh Multi-Position Shoe Rack
This rack works well in a small space where storage is limited and you can’t have a larger shoe organization option. Shelves feature tightly woven iron mesh that supports high-heels, stilettos and more. The unit has a durable finish that’s resistant to corrosion. The Seville Classics 3-Tier Iron Mesh Multi-Position Shoe Rack is able to store up to 9 pairs of shoes. This compact shoe storage rack from Seville Classics has shelves that can be slanted or used flat depending on the type of shoes you have.
5. ClosetMaid 1301 Stackable 24-Inch Wide Horizontal Organizer
The unit is easy to assemble and includes all the hardware you need for assembly. This shelving unit can be used inside or outside of the closet to provide shoe storage where you need it most. They also offer a convenient way to hold small bags, hobbies, media and office supplies. It can be used with other stackable organizers for more space. This compact shoe storage unit is made of laminated wood. The ClosetMaid 1301 Stackable 24″ Wide organizer is available in 3 finishes: dark cherry, espresso, and white.
6. SONGMICS 5 Tiers Shoe Rack Space Saving Shoe Tower
The unit is easy to assemble and lightweight. It is constructed out of durable iron pipes, non-woven fabric and plastic connectors. The tiers are made of waterproof material that can be easily wiped clean as needed. The SONGMICS 5 Tiers Shoe Rack Space Saving Shoe Tower is designed to hold around 20 to 25 pairs of shoes depending on the size and type of shoes you have. The top tier has space for boots. This shoe rack from SONGMICS is sturdy and durable.
7. Seville Classics 2-Tier Resin Slat Utility Shoe Rack
This rack can hold around 9 pairs of shoes. It has an iron frame so you can store heavy shoes and boots without concern. This shoe rack from Seville Classics has a simple design and is made with durable materials. The shelves can easily be wiped clean. Frame is constructed of iron and finished in espresso with resin wood-grain slats.
8. Homebi 4-Tier Shoe Rack
The rack has 4 tiers with space on the top for keeping boots or taller shoes. The diameter of metal tube is 13.2mm,which enables this shoe rack load much heavier duty and more durable while using. It has a sleek and simple design so you can use it in your closet or anywhere else in you home where you’re in need of shoe storage. This shoe rack from Homebi can hold up to 20 pairs of shoes. The Homebi 4-tier shoe rack has durable metal shelves in a black finish. This unit is easy to clean with a wet cloth if it gets muddy.
9. AmazonBasics 9-Pair Shoe Rack Organizer
This rack is ideal for a smaller closet or for use at a entryway to store the family’s most used shoes. Each shelf of the three-shelf unit holds up to three full-size pairs of shoes. It has a sleek design with a mocha finish that won’t stand out in your home if you choose to use it somewhere other than inside a closet. This 9-pair shoe organizer from AmazonBasics has 3 tiers with open space at the top for storing boots or taller shoes. This shoe rack is easy to assemble and can be ready for use in just minutes.
10. Titan Mall Shoe Organizer
The unit can hold many pairs of shoes and has 4 tiers for storing all types of shoes. It can be used for more than just shoes; use in the pantry to store dry food; use it as a book shelf or storage rack. The Titan Mall Shoe Organizer has a sturdy and space-saving design so you can use it inside your closet for added shoe storage. This unit is made with anti-rust materials and is designed to last through many years of storage. This free standing shoe organizer from Titan Mall is easy to assemble and includes the tools needed for assembly.