The exercise bike is one of the main sports simulators that allows you to quickly tone all major muscle groups. He fully imitates riding an ordinary bicycle. A huge amount of these models of the most modern type is presented on the market – thanks to adjusting the settings, you can make the training more efficient and perfect, most of them have the ability to change loads, measure heart rate and other important parameters of the human body.
In sports stores you can find a large number of exercise bikes, which seriously differ from each other in functionality, appearance and other key parameters. Therefore, before starting our review of the best models of 2020 exercise bikes, we decided to give the main points that should be focused on when acquiring this design.
Key rules for choosing exercise bikes
To make the inventory as useful as possible, you should first decide on the goals that you are going to achieve when using it. They can be different: from weight loss to high-quality prevention of diseases of the cardiovascular system. Expensive models are quite universal in this area – they allow you to achieve high results in a variety of directions. If a person does not have enough funds to buy an expensive design, he will have to abandon all sorts of additional functions and bells and whistles.
If you are going to engage in the prevention of various kinds of diseases, the most suitable model will be, capable of accurately measuring the heart rate, which has a flexible load control system. The logging function will not be superfluous.
To bring the body into tone, as well as to relieve tension after a hard day’s work, block and magnetic constructions, characterized by a smooth ride and its naturalness, will be the best. For weight loss, simulators are suitable, characterized by increased load. The more it will be, the sooner overweight will begin to leave.
In addition to these points, you should pay attention to the dimensions of the device, as well as to the mass of the main part – the flywheel. The system of creating a load (it can be a belt, magnetic, shoe or electromagnetic) is also very important, the quality and smoothness of the course can be checked directly in the sporting goods store. You should immediately find out the possibility of adjusting the height of the saddle and steering wheel, so that it is as comfortable as possible to engage on a stationary bike. If there are additional funds, you can purchase a model that has various interesting functions – modern designs can be equipped with a radio, mp3 player, video player – all that allows you to make the training more interesting.
When compiling our rating of the best exercise bikes, we took into account all the factors listed above, paid attention to user reviews and professional fitness trainers. In addition, value for money is also reflected in our review. So, it’s time to go on to consider specific models.
1. The Exerputic Folding Magnetic Upright Bike With Pulse
This bike is the perfect option for anyone, no matter the size of your home, or your available space, this exercise bike can work for you. It can support up to 300lbs and adjusts to accommodate anyone from 5 feet 3 inches tall to 6 feet 1 inch tall, it even comes equipped with transportation wheels, to make storing it a simple task.
The bikes 8 setting magnetic tension system allows you to easily adjust the peddling difficulty, so your workout suits your specific needs. Whether you want a intense, physically demanding workout, or a quick and easy one, this exercise bike can deliver it. It will allow you to get in shape in the privacy of your own home, with no gym membership fees or gawkers.
Perhaps the best thing about the Exerputic Folding Magnetic Upright Bike With Pulse is that it folds. This makes it a viable option for anyone in any size home. It can easily be folded and stored in a medium sized closet, or even set aside out of the way in a corner. Those aren’t the only great features this equipment has to offer. Along with its easy storage features it also comes with a hand pulse heart rate monitor, that displays your current heart rate clearly on the bike’s screen for you to see.
- Easy Storage – It is easy to fold and store due to compact design and convenient transportation wheels
- High Weight Capacity – It accommodates up to 300lbs of weight
- Adjustable – It can easily be adjusted to suit anyone from 5’3 inches tall to 6’1 inches tall
- Multiple Workout Intensities – Magnetic tension adjuster easily allows you to choose your workout intensity.
- Comfortable Seat – The large padded seat allows for a comfortable workout, with no bothersome and sore pressure spots.
- Heart Rate Monitor – Easily track your heart rate with the included heart rate monitor and view data on screen.
2. Sunny Health and Fitness Pro Indoor Cycling Bike
This would be an ideal bike for people with adequate space, who prefer the durability of the bike over the functionality. It is a standard style exercise bike and would be a good fit for homes with adequate room. It is a little more heavy duty than the previously listed bike, with its 40lb flywheel and enforced crank. It has a lower weight capacity however, supporting only up to 275lbs.
This bike lacks the fold-able storage option, however it does have transportation wheels to make moving it easier. Assembly is required when you purchase this exercise bike. It also lacks a display, making it impossible to know your speed or distance, although heart rate and calories burned can be calculated with other devices. For people wanting to see data from their workouts there are better options on our list.
- Adjustable Seat and Handle Bars – The adjust-ability of this bike makes it suitable to a large variety of user heights
- Heavy Duty – It has a reinforced fly wheel and crank
- Transport Wheels – Transport wheels make moving the bike easy
- Supports up to 275lbs
3. The Exerputic 400XL Folding Recumbent Bike
It has a decent comfort level, with a large padded seat, as well as a padded semi reclined backrest for added support. It can accommodate users up to 300lbs, making it safe to use for almost anyone. An easy to read LCD display, shows you your heart rate, distance traveled, calories burned, and speed clear crisp detail. Keeping track of your progress is as simple as glancing at the display.
The Exerputic 400XL Folding Recumbent Bike also comes with a folding option for storage, making it a good option for people with limited space availability. It’s recumbent design allows you to easily mount and un-mount the bike. Besides its storage features it also comes with precision balanced fly wheel and 8 magnetic tension adjustments. Choosing your workout intensity with this bike is an easy task. It would be a great investment for people with limited space, looking for a recumbent style bike, rather than a standard style.
- Fold-able and Compact – It is easy to store out of the way.
- Quit – The V-belt double drive transmission system reduces the machines noise.
- Adjustable Workout Intensity – Choose from 8 tension levels to customize your workout
- Crisp Clear Display – The LCD Screen displays your speed, distance, heart rate and calories for you
- High Weight Capacity – It can support persons up to 300lbs
- Semi Recumbent Design – The padded reclined seat and backrest positioning make using this bike easier
4. Exerputic 900XL Extended Capacity Recumbent Bike With Pulse
Recumbent stationary bike offers challenging cardiovascular workout while minimizing stress on your joints and back. Adjustable height. It also has a large easy to read LCD display and can accommodate any person from 63lbs up to 300lbs. With its 22 inch width, 34 inch height and 54 inch length its still fairly easy to find space for in your home. Its 8 level magnetic tension control allows work out intensity to be easily adjusted to your preferences.
The Exerputic 900XL Extended Capacity Recumbent Bike With Pulse is a good option for people with a little more in home space. It doesn’t fold and requires dismantling to store, however this is a great exercise bike for people with the space to use it. It’s crisp clear display offers heart rate, speed, calories burned and distance information.
- Recumbent Style Bike – It allows for a demanding workout while offering support to bones and joints
- Adjustable Workout Intensity – Allows for a customized workout experience
- Large LCD Display – It’s easy to view important data while exercising
- Relatively compact size – Its fairly small size makes up for its lack of easy storage
5. The FitDesk v2.0 Desk Exercise Bike With Massage
This bike would be perfect for anyone looking to fit exercise into their daily routine, without their productivity dropping. With its included desk, you can easily use a laptop while exercising. It also boasts a lot more features, making it a very innovative option. It is durable and sturdy, featuring a 2-way design allowing it to be used as a recumbent or stationary bike.
This bike is a little different form anything else on our list. It combines exercise and productivity in a whole new way. It tracks heart rate, speed, distance and calories burned, giving you data about your work out in real time. Its easy fold option allows for quick storage, allowing it to be used just about anywhere in your home.
- Fold-able – its quick fold design allows for easy storage
- Work while exercising – its built in desk allows you to easily work while working out
- Fully adjustable – adjustable seat and handle bars allow you to use this as an upright, or recumbent bike
- LCD Display – The LCD display keeps track of important data about your workout
Here is our review of the best exercise bikes has come to its logical conclusion. For each model, we tried to collect as much information as possible so that you can quickly and easily conclude for yourself whether it is suitable for you or whether it is worth finding another simulator.