Properly selected bathing accessories will make the process convenient for parents and attractive for the child. Lying in the baby bath, the baby gets a lot of impressions. It is important that the bathing takes place with positive emotions and health benefits, and the choice of the bath plays a decisive role here.
After analyzing the suggestions and reviews, we made a rating of the best children’s baths. Models vary in size and configuration. There is an inflatable cute Munchkin Duck duck bath on our list. You need to choose, based on how it will be more convenient for you to bathe your baby.
What is important to know about baby baths?
Device and shape:
- Classical: the familiar oval plastic bath. When bathing, the baby must be held so that the head does not slip under the water. It is quite difficult for one parent to bathe a child in such a bath.
- Anatomical: bath with special reliefs for support during bathing. The baby’s head and back are on a raised platform, and even one parent can handle swimming.
- Foldable: convenient for small apartments and traveling, takes up a minimum of space.
- Inflatable: the first mini-pool for the newborn.
- 3-in-1 design: changing table, chest of drawers and bathtub for bathing. In fact, this is a separate piece of furniture. Conveniently, everything you need is at hand.
- Cover plate that can be mounted on top of a large bathtub. Very convenient for parents: no need to bend over and strain your back.
The safest is considered an anatomical design with a non-slip coating or rubberized inserts. The material of the product must be of high quality, without roughness, pungent odor. It is important that the surface is smooth, easily washed with plain water or soap. The bottom of the bath is flat and stable, with rubber pads on the legs.
A small model takes up little space. It is easy to clean after use. But according to the observations of parents, it can be used up to a maximum of 6 months of age.
A longer bath will last longer: in a sitting position, bathing a baby in it will be possible even up to 3 years. Pay attention to the height of the sides. From a shallow bath the baby will quickly grow.
- Removable lining inserts in the bathtub that allow you to safely bathe the baby: a foam mattress, a plastic insert (slide) on the suction cups, a hammock insert with a metal frame and a stretched mesh base made of fabric.
- A suction cup for a grown up baby to play in the water.
- Universal bath stand – metal folding design on which you can install the bath at the height of the parent’s hands.
- An inflatable circle to keep the baby’s head above the water.
- Thermometer for water. On some models, a thermometer is integrated in the bath.
Children’s skin feels a different temperature than in adults. That the adult is comfortable, the baby may seem too hot. Therefore, do not rely on your sensations, but measure the water with a thermometer.
Popular questions about baby baths
How to wash a baby bath?
Ordinary household chemicals are not suitable for the care of children’s accessories. Wash the bath with warm water. And detergents use the same ones as for bathing the baby: baby soap, shampoo, gel. An important rule: you need to wash twice (before bathing and after).
How does a thermometer work in a baby bath?
Built-in thermometers are thermoplastic indicator inserts. The indicator responds to changes in water temperature, changing color. The instructions indicate what the normal color of the indicator should be.
Rating TOP-10 Of The Best Baby Baths
1. The First Years Sure Comfort Deluxe Newborn to Toddler Tub
This is the best bathtub in the market so far. It has an ergonomic design that holds the baby making it easy to bathe him. It has a mesh sling that cradles the baby and the headrest is padded to give extra comfort to your baby. The form-fitting netting makes it secure for the baby during bath time.
2. Munchkin White Hot Inflatable Duck Tub
Munchkin was inspired by a cute yellow duckling as a symbol of swimming. And she created a beautiful inflatable bath-pool in the form of a yellow duck. Even those children who do not like to swim too much will be happy to splash around on the back of a bright yellow duckling.
- Very light and compact.
- Using the suction cup, you can attach the “duckling” to the bottom of a large bathtub. And after bathing, hang a bath on the tile for drying.
- The temperature indicator at the bottom in the form of a blue circle. If the water is too hot, the temperature indicator changes color, a warning message appears.
- Suction cup on the starboard side of the bath.
- Corrugated anti-slip bottom. As well as swimming safety, soft inflatable bumpers provide.
3. Summer Infant Deluxe Baby Bather
The Summer Infant Deluxe Baby Bather allows you to safely bathe your newborn. Multiple recline positions allow for comfortable positioning for your little one during bath time, and an easy to clean soft mesh sling cradles your baby for maximum support. It’s very affordable thus recommending it for your baby.
4. Primo EuroBath
The extra-large size and double position make the Euro Bath an ideal long term investment and is perfect from the very first day up through baby’s second birthday. Unlike most baths, the Euro Bath has been specially designed to accommodate your child’s needs as they grow. Both bathing positions leave plenty of water to splash and play while ensuring that your child is kept warm, safe, and secure.
5. Blooming bath – Baby Bath
Made from incredibly soft, cuddly materials, Blooming Bath’s pedals hug any sink to create an adorable, safe, fun and convenient bath time experience for your most precious possession. Blooming Bath’s plush materials cradle and cushion your baby like no other baby tub can. Forget about those hard plastic baby bath tubs or baby bath seats that are uncomfortable and don’t cradle your child during bath time.
6. Skip Hop Moby Baby Bath Tub
This is the best baby bathtub you will ever need. It can be used by newborns, infants and sitters easily. It has a sling that locks into two positions: lower for to give sitting support and higher to give full body support. It has a comfort – edge construction and a dual layered mesh that securely cradle the baby.
7. Boon Naked Collapsible Baby Bathtub
Sleek, smart, and made to support your growing baby in numerous ways, Naked is a bathtub like no other. You can count on it from newborn to toddler. Recline it, expand it, drain it, collapse it and hang it up to dry. Slim profile for easy storage. Recline position cradles newborn, which helps keep their head above water.
8. Primo EuroBath
This type of baby bathhub makes the baby stay in position while bathing him thus making it easy for you. You can easily drain water after use and clean the plastic very fast. This is one of the best baby bath ring to use especially for safety purposes.
9. Angelcare Bath Support
Bath time is a special time to connect with your baby, and Angelcare makes handling your slippery infant safer and easier. The ergonomic design offers baby a comfortable place to recline, relax and enjoy – and it offers parents peace of mind knowing that baby is secure. The soft, mildew resistant mesh material helps protect baby’s delicate skin, and because the unit drains easily and dries quickly, it’s hygienic too.
10. Blooming Bath
Forget about those hard plastic baby bath tubs or baby bath seats that are uncomfortable and don’t cradle your child during bath time. It’s a unique, easy, hassle-free experience that allows you to enjoy those special moments bathing your infant.
A baby bath for babies is a must-have item on the shopping list. It does not take up much space, it is easy to wash and quickly fill it with water. Based on the ratings and reviews of other parents, choose which bath is best for your family. If you purchased this important hygiene item earlier, tell us about it in the comments. Let your experience help other moms and dads.