A radio alarm clock is a receiver with advanced functionality. Such a clock displays the current time in digital format, often equipped with an FM radio, a USB connector and other standard options. Device control is simple, several models are presented that differ in characteristics, size, functions and other technical elements. Consider only the best radio alarm clocks included in the 2020 rating.
The 10 Best Alarm Clock Radios Consumer Reports 2020 .
1. DreamSky Decent Alarm Clock Radio
The DreamSky Decent Alarm Clock Radio has an FM radio so you can listen to music as you fall asleep or use your favorite radio station as your alarm sound. This unit also has an adjustable volume for the alarm so you can choose the option you need to wake up on time.
This alarm clock radio from DreamSky is small so it doesn’t require a lot of space. It has a 4″ LCD screen that helps you see the time from across the room if needed. The clock also has a USB charging port so you can charge your phone or other device.
- large snooze button makes it easy to go back to sleep
- blue digital display can be dimmed
- shows the indoor temperature on the display
2. Wake- Up Light, LBell Alarm Clock
The wake-up light and alarm clock from LBell features a colored sunrise stimulation feature. This feature helps you wake up gradually which can be beneficial for many people. It also means you don’t have to wake suddenly from a startling alarm sound.
This alarm clock from LBell has a variety of alarm sounds to choose from. You can also listen to the FM radio or use it as your alarm. This clock is easy to use and it’s ideal for children to help them fall asleep and wake up on time.
- has 7 natural sounds
- sunrise stimulation has 8 functions
- simulate sunset at night time to help you fall asleep
3. Rocam Digital Alarm Clock for Bedrooms
The Rocam Digital Alarm clock is perfect for bedroom use. This clock is small enough that it won’t take up much space on your bedside table or nightstand. It includes a backup battery that will keep the time accurate in case of a power outage.
This alarm clock includes a USB charging port so you can charge your mobile device easily. This alarm is ideal for kids or adults. It can also be used by heavy sleepers to help ensure you wake up on time each morning.
- has a large snooze button that’s easy to reach
- dual charging ports lets you charge 2 USB devices at once
- buttons are simple and alarm is easy to set
4. iHome iBT29BC Bluetooth Color Changing Dual Alarm Clock FM Radio
The iHome iBT29BC Bluetooth Color Changing alarm clock radio allows you to connect to your compatible device with a Bluetooth connection. This gives you the option to use a customized alarm sound. You can also wake up to the sound of the radio or one of the built-in options.
This alarm clock radio from iHome can stream music from your connected device. It also has speakerphone option to allow you to take calls easily. This unit is small and can be used on a bedside table or on your desk.
- has 5 different color change options
- can be used with a Bluetooth connection
- it’s compatible with many different mobile devices
5. Sunrise Alarm Clock for Kids
The Sunrise alarm clock is designed to be used in a child’s room. This alarm clock has a digital LED readout that makes it easy to see the time. It functions as a clock and also has an FM radio and a nightlight to help children feel safe while falling asleep.
This alarm clock from TITIROBA has a light that gradually increases over a 10-60 minute period before the alarm time. This unique design helps make it easier to get up in the morning as the light simulates a real sunrise.
- has 7 natural sounds to choose from
- has the option for two different alarms
- snooze button makes it easy to go back to sleep if desired
6. ANJANK Small Alarm Clock Radio with FM Radio
The ANJANK Small Alarm Clock Radio has many unique features that make it highly functional as more than just an alarm clock. It has a large snooze button on the top that’s easy to reach if you need to get a few more minutes of sleep.
This alarm clock is small and it doesn’t require a lot of space on your bedside table. It has a sleep timer that allows you to set the sleep function for anywhere from 10 to 120 minutes so you can fall asleep to the sound of your favorite radio station.
- dual USB charger ports
- has 5 different brightness levels
- includes 7 different alarm sounds
7. Electrohome EAAC601 Projection Alarm Clock with AM/FM Radio
The Electrohome EAAC601 Projection Alarm Clock includes an AM/FM radio. This clock radio is designed to project the time onto your walls or ceiling so you can easily see the time from all areas of the room. It can also project the temperature.
This alarm clock from Electrohome has an AUX input that allows you to connect your compatible tablet or smart phone so you can listen to your favorite music. This unit has advanced technology that automatically sets the correct time.
- restores alarm settings after power loss
- automatically adjusts to daylight savings time
- has 180-degree swivel projection
8. Sony ICFC-1 Alarm Clock Radio LED Black
The Sony Alarm Clock Radio comes in a neutral black or white color option. This clock is affordable and functional. It features 100 mW of power output and has a bright display that you can see with little effort, even when waking up from a deep sleep.
This alarm clock from Sony is ideal for anyone seeking a simple clock that does the basics. It has a radio function that allows you to fall asleep with the music playing. You can set the sleep function to turn the radio off after the desired time.
- equipped with daylight savings time adjustment
- has a control to adjust the brightness
- option to wake to a buzzer, the radio, or a gradual wake alarm
9. DreamSky Compact Digital Alarm Clock with USB Port for Charging
The DreamSky Compact Digital alarm clock with red display includes a USB charging port that is compatible with most tablets and smart phones. This unit has a compact size so it won’t take up much space.
This alarm clock from DreamSky has a large LED display that’s green in color so you can easily see it from across the room. The clock allows you to adjust the brightness of the display so you can sleep comfortably without being disturbed by the light.
- can charge a USB device
- has volume adjustment for alarm sound
- compact size is ideal for use on a nightstand or desk
10. Travelwey Home LED Digital Alarm Clock
Travelwey has designed the simplest bedside alarm clock for your needs. With just a few labelled buttons on the top and rear you will hardly need instructions to operate this clock. The large 1.8 inch LED digits are bright and clear to see from across the room, and during the night the digits can be dimmed to your own personal comfort level so it does not disturb sleeping. Just a tap of the top button and a night light can be activated, perfect for reading or for children who don’t like the dark. The alarm itself has two different settings for Low and High volume, and with a snooze function you can get that extra 9 minutes sleep before getting up.
- Super simple controls with a red colored Alarm ON/OFF, Alarm High/Low slider and Battery Back up with two AAA batteries (not included).
- And now, our most requested enhancement is now a reality. You can adjust the brightness of the digits to any brightness level that feels comfortable to your eyes. Just move the slider control on the back to back the digits lighter or dimmer. Have it bright in the day then dim them down at night.
Which radio alarm clock is better to buy
The first thing customers pay attention to when choosing a radio alarm clock is their design. It is also important to evaluate the quality of materials and assembly. The plastic should be tight, and the parts should fit snugly together.
Devices with digital frequency tuning themselves will catch all available stations. Fixed tuner settings will allow you to enter your favorite radio station into the device’s memory and not to search for it again the next time you turn on the device.
A headphone jack will be needed to listen to the radio before bedtime without disturbing other family members. The USB port allows you to listen to files on the device from a flash drive.
In the radio alarm clock, additional options are also welcomed:
- the calendar,
However, it is worth remembering that they increase the cost of the device – limit yourself to only those that you will use.