An air mattress is a universal product – you can take it with you on a camping trip, place it in a tent, it is allowed to swim on it. In addition, these products can be used at home as a permanent bed or as a bed for guests. In order for this product to serve as long as possible, you should properly approach its choice. Therefore, before moving on to a direct review of the models, we decided to give the main parameters that you should pay attention to when buying a mattress.
Today in the shops of sports and travel goods a wide range of air mattresses is presented, so it is very easy to get confused in their variety. The standard thickness of the mattress is in the range from 13 to 25 cm, however, there are models with a thickness of up to 46 cm. This parameter has a direct impact on the dimensions of the structure and its weight, including when folded. Therefore, at this point you need to pay attention, especially if you plan to take the mattress with you on hikes or trips.
The highest quality products are made from high quality polyvinyl chloride. Their surface can be smooth (such models are ideal for swimming) or with a velvety coating. You can find products made from other materials. If the surface resembles a film, then such a mattress should not be purchased, since it is not very safe during sleep and does not behave too well on water – when wet, the surface becomes slippery.
The number of sections affects the duration of use and safety. The more sections, the higher the price, however, the reliability will also be higher. Color does not affect the performance of the product too much. The main recommendation in this regard is that you should not purchase a black mattress if you plan to use it on the beach, as it will be quite hot.
It is advisable that a bag for storage and transportation be included with the mattress. It will be very convenient when traveling. Also pay attention to the pump – it can be manual or electric. For hiking, a model with manual inflation or with the ability to connect to a car battery is selected.
When drawing up our rating, we relied on user reviews, and also examined the price-quality ratio of models. Therefore, the review included fairly reasonable in terms of price mattresses, which will be affordable for most users. Now is the time to move on to the very review of the best air beds of 2020.
The Best Air Mattresses Consumer Reports 2020
8. Intex Super Tough Airbed
This is one of the most comfortable models included in our rating of the best air mattresses. To increase the strength and elasticity of the model during its production, various kinds of longitudinal partitions are placed. The mattress is universal – it can be used both outdoors and at home. It is made from high quality polyurethane foam with excellent thermoplastic performance. A convenient bag is included with the product.
- Withstands a significant mass;
- Universal product.
- Significantly heavier compared to other models;
7. Bestway Flocked Air Bed
This model is characterized by increased strength. It can comfortably accommodate two people, in addition, the mattress is able to withstand decent loads – up to 237 kg. The partitions here are tubular, their presence does not affect the comfort of operation, in particular, in a dream. Blown and folded, the model weighs about 3.5 kg. A patch is included with the design, allowing, if necessary, to repair the damaged area.
The front surface has a flock coating, which does not need additional care, there is no dirt, dust or sand on it. It dries quickly enough and does not wear out during operation. Unfortunately, there is no pump in the kit, but the shape of the hole is universal, so you can use absolutely any one, including a car pump.
- Ideal for a double tent;
- There is a repair kit;
- Partitions have a reinforced structure;
- Universal – can be inflated with any pump.
- A pump is not provided in the kit.
6. Intex Comfort Plush Elevated Dura-Beam Airbed
This air mattress from Intex is a budget-friendly option that’s easy to setup whether you’re using it indoors or outdoors. This unit can be used at home for guest sleeping space or while camping. It comes with an internal pump that allows you to quickly and easily inflate or deflate the mattress in just minutes. The Intex Comfort Plush Elevated Dura-Beam airbed has a unique design that helps replicate the comfort and support you get when sleeping on a traditional mattress.
- builtin 120V pump works on standard outlets
- soft flocked surface for comfort
- elevated surface makes it easy to get into and out of the airbed
- lower priced than many other brands of air mattresses
- can be difficult to fold to fit into the storage bag
- mattress may not feel as stable as some sturdier air mattresses
5. Intex Comfort Plush Mid Rise Dura-Beam Airbed
This air mattress from Intex has a budget-friendly price when compared to many other air mattresses. This air mattress has a height of 13″ when fully inflated which is ideal for camping or for use at home as extra sleeping space for guests. It includes a builtin 110-120V pump that allows you to easily inflate and deflate the mattress anywhere you have access to an electrical outlet. The Intex Comfort Plush Mid-Rise Dura-Beam Airbed comes in a full size. It can be used indoors or outdoors.
- includes a carrying bag for storage or travel
- can be folded away for storage
- unique edge construction makes for a more stable air mattress
- folding the mattress to fit into the bag can be challenging
4. Coleman Camping Cot, Air Mattress, and Pump Combo
This camping set from Coleman provides what you need for a comfortable night’s sleep while camping. Airbed and cot fold easily inside included carry bag for compact toting and storage. This cot and mattress can also be used at home for extra guest sleeping. The mattress includes airtight technology that helps prevent it from leaking. The included cot has a sturdy design that support up to 600 pounds. This is ideal for camping beginners who are trying to accumulate the basics when it comes to camping gear. This camping combo from Coleman includes a cot, air mattress, and pump.
- includes a battery operated pump
- cot has a steel frame for durability
- can be used indoors or outdoors
- air mattress features coil support to simulate the feeling of a traditional mattress
- set is pricier when compared to buying just the air mattress
3. Intex Classic Downy Bed 68765
This model is designed for use both at home and outdoors. The flocked layer is quite dense, due to which it is very comfortable to sleep on such a mattress, it is almost impossible to slip off it, moreover, the plush surface easily holds bedding in one position. It is absolutely waterproof, so you can swim on it. The dirt on the surface also does not hold, it can be quickly cleaned with a small amount of water and a soft cloth – this is very convenient during a camping trip.
The mattress is made using beam technology, so that it will retain its original shape throughout its entire life. This parameter is also affected by a fairly dense vinyl canvas, from which the main elements are made. The design is designed for two people. Two orthopedic airbags and a hand pump are included with the mattress. When folded, it takes up a minimum of free space, so it is convenient to take it with you on a hike.
- It is made of high-quality and durable materials;
- Reasonable cost;
- When folded, compact enough;
- Thick mattress, which makes it very comfortable.
- It is not recommended to store in the cold – the valve begins to gradually bleed air.
2. King Koil Twin Size Upgraded Luxury Raised Air Mattress
The King Koil Twin Size Luxury Raised Air Mattress includes a convenient builtin pump so you never have to worry about finding the pump when you want to use your air mattress. Remember, although it holds air extremely well, you can always click the pump on for a few seconds to inflate or deflate to your desired comfort level! It’s made of durable materials and includes a 1 year manufacturer’s warranty.
This air mattress from King Koil comes in a twin size and features advanced coil technology to provide you with a similar feeling to sleeping on a traditional mattress. Enhanced Coil Technology provides the support you and your guests need for a sound night’s sleep. It’s designed to inflate in around 90 seconds to save time and effort.
- air filled coils help support the entire body while you sleep
- can be used with or without sheets
- is well-made and designed to be resistant to losing air
- higher price than many other twin size air mattresses
- not ideal for those who are taller than average
1. SoundAsleep Dream Series Air Mattress
This air mattress from SoundAsleep in twin size is ideal for camping or for sleepovers. It features raised sides to help you feel secure when sleeping on the mattress. It has a soft top so you can you the mattress with or without sheets. The mattress includes a high capacity internal pump so you can quickly inflate or deflate the mattress for use or for storage.
- can be fully inflated in 3 minutes
- switches easily from inflation to deflation mode
- extra thick top is waterproof
- includes a 1 year warranty from the manufacturer
- textured bottom prevents the unit from moving around
- has 21 internal air coils
- doesn’t fold as compactly as some other air mattresses
Rating of The Best Air Mattresses in 2020
SoundAsleep Dream Series Air Mattress
King Koil Twin Size Upgraded Luxury Raised Air Mattress
Intex Classic Downy Bed 68765
Coleman Camping Cot, Air Mattress, and Pump Combo
Intex Comfort Plush Mid Rise Dura-Beam Airbed
Intex Comfort Plush Elevated Dura-Beam Airbed
Bestway Flocked Air Bed
Intex Super Tough Airbed
Our review of the best mattresses of 2020 has come to an end. We tried to collect the maximum information so that it would be much easier and easier for you to choose the model that is best for yourself.